Join us every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 8:30am for our next meeting where B.E. A S.H.E.R.O Foundation and nonprofits can collaborate, share resources, share information and anything else that helps us become stronger by working together.
Ms. Close’s responsibilities are numerous. She identifies herself a “visionary Leader” of Partner’s for Self-Employment, Inc. Her strengths in business, public relations, and advocacy serve the entire field of micro credit, both locally and worldwide.
Committed to her community, Ms. Close has and continues to serve with several social and civic organizations. They include:
* President and co-founder of Partners for Self-Employment, Inc., a micro credit non-profit to jump start small businesses.
* The Journal of Microfinance Editorial Board, Brigham Young University.
* National Advisory Board, George W. Romney Institute of Public Management, Brigham Young University.
* Advisory Board of Community Outreach Partnership Centre, Florida International University.
* Past President, Florida Women’s Political Caucus.
* Past President, Cedars Medical Center Auxiliary.
* Regional Coordinator, The Hunger Project.
* Board member, End World Hunger, Inc.
* National Advisory Council member, Marriott School of Business, Brigham Young University.
* Board member, Nevada Committee of Foreign Relations.
* Las Vegas Group Leader for RESULTS.Org.
Having taken her global experiences and converted them to addressing local issues, Ms. Close is one of the founding board members of RESULTS, an international grass roots citizens lobby dedicated to alleviating hunger and poverty. She has been instrumental in nurturing the concepts of community food gardens in public housing in the United States through End World Hunger, a non-profit organization.
Kathleen was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and has lived in Los Angeles, Miami, Manila, Mumbai and Paris, working on poverty alleviation. She has traveled to over 100 countries. She is an art dealer and founder and owner of Arts International, Inc.
Kathleen is married to Melvin D. Close, Jr, a Las Vegas attorney and former Nevada State Legislator. Kathleen’s daughter, Heather lives in Las Vegas and works for the State of Nevada Governor’s Office for Consumer Health Assistance. Kathleen and Mel have four children, ten grandchildren and five great grandchildren.
Through a variety of events (monthly, annual, and specialty) – we use that revenue to use assist girls and young women who have been victimized.