SHERO Shield is an education and training awareness program for the prevention and intervention of sex-trafficking.
Learn more about identifying and understanding this problem that is effecting the youth in our community at a staggering rate year over year. Think it can’t happen to someone you know? This crosses ALL socio-economic, racial and religious communities. SHERO Shield is a power to stop predators in their tracks and offer solutions for survivors.
Tricks you (usually online) by becoming a 'boyfriend' or 'mentor'.
Tells you to 'keep your relationship secret'. Promises to 'save you.'
Falsely offers to protect you from a bad environment: abuse at home. foster care.
Buys gifts, gives excessive attention and affection 'for a price.'
Uses psychological manipulation like violence or threats to hold you captive.
Take the Training
What Do I Do Now?
See Something = Say Something (ABCD)
Access the situation and level of urgency
- Low: Contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline and Report 1-888-373-7888
- Medium: Call 311 if no one is in imminent danger
- High: Call 911 if the situation is an emergency
Be Aware of and document relevant information (be a good witness).
Call the appropriate number to make a report.
Do not put yourself in danger by trying to intervene or question those involved.
Red Flags – Signs of Trafficking
- Running away, school truancy
- New, unexplained, expensive items
- New modeling or video job
- Unexplained cash
- Burner phone/secondary phone
- Sexualized clothes, social media contacts
National Human Trafficking Hotline and Report 1-888-373-7888. | Text INFO to BeFree (233733)